Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Mexican Diaries Part 1

So most of you know I'm Mexican [I think] I have a residence there but I also have one in the US. A couple of days ago I was talking with a few friends on Goodreads and the fact that I'm Mexican came up and one of the girls I was talking to asked "You guys Read?" I was like "Whaaaaat?" and someone else asked if we had libraries and such, and I was just like "Yeah, we do read, it's just not something really fomented, and we do have libraries [few] and bookstores, but they don't really have any YA genre stuff, since there also aren't that many Mexican Authors, there are usually translated novels only. But yeah, we do read.

Also, like 2 years ago... maybe three I don't really remember, we went to say hi to Lady Gaga to the San Diego airport. Lucky us we got to meet her [YAY! and she is really really short!] and we told her "We came from Mexico!" and she said " *gasp* all the way from Mexico?!?!" in total shock and surprise... and we wondered, how did she thought we got here? on a donkey? [The border was only 10 minutes away...]

Seriously! it was Hilarious! So no guys, we don't travel on Donkeys, we like Tequila but we don't carry a bottle with us everywhere and we have a normal taste in music x) and yeah, Mexico can be a very insecure place, but you also gotta know where to hang out, every city has it's scary places, same here.

and Yesterday I stumbled upon this [click on the picture to enlarge]


No kidding! LOL! I thought I'd make a few of these posts to show you guys the Mexico I know, where almost everyone knows English, where we have a wicked sense of humor and we're just, well, normal x) [and where we also celebrate Thanksgiving]

If you guys have any questions on Mexican culture and such don't doubt in asking in the comments, since I started Blogging and such I've been asked many questions and seen that some people have a misconception of us. and also, I don't get offended, I laugh hysterically! feel free to ask ;)

Adios! :)