Friday, March 30, 2012

Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters - Meredith Zeitlin

 
Date Released: March 1st 2012  
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons 
Pages: 288 pages
Date Read: March 07, 2012
Format: ARC
Source: Author
Summary: 
Kelsey Finkelstein is fourteen and FRUSTRATED. Every time she tries to live up to her awesome potential, her plans are foiled – by her impossible parents, her annoying little sister, and life in general. But with her first day of high school coming up, Kelsey is positive that things are going to change. Enlisting the help of her three best friends — sweet and quiet Em, theatrical Cass, and wild JoJo — Kelsey gets ready to rebrand herself and make the kind of mark she knows is her destiny.

Things start out great - her arch-nemesis has moved across the country, giving Kelsey the perfect opportunity to stand out on the soccer team and finally catch the eye of her long-time crush. But soon enough, an evil junior’s thirst for revenge, a mysterious photographer, and a series of other catastrophes make it clear that just because KELSEY has a plan for greatness… it doesn’t mean the rest of the world is in on it.

Kelsey’s hilarious commentary throughout her disastrous freshman year will have you laughing out loud—while being thankful that you’re not in her shoes, of course…



My Review:
This is one of the cutest and funniest books I've read! Kelsey is such a lovable character! I Loved every second I spend inside her head! You know, I actually had my doubts on this book since the main character -Kelsey- is only fourteen, and recently I've been reading YA with older characters [around nineteen] and I thought it would be somehow annoying to read this, but NO! Not at all! I recommend this book to everyone :3

 For those of us who already left our Freshman Year behind, you just can't help but take a look at Kelsey and laugh a LOT, it'll make you remember your Freshman Years, I guarantee! and those who have not reached Freshman year yet, lol, start getting ready :P

 I actually feel bad for the fact that I laughed at everything that happened to her, there were parts where she was about to burst out crying and I was doubled over laughing xD it's just every single unfortunate event after the other, and you would think this would be annoying but, again, NO! it's just you shaking your head because you can't believe how things can always go so bad xD... you know, now that I think about it, my freshman year was pretty similar to Kelsey's, not the same situations but, Oh God I will forever keep those memories locked in the back of my mind where no one can find them, along with the yearbook O_O

 Back to praising Kelsey, she was a great character, and she was so Brave! Knowing myself I would have bailed in many situations which Kelsey went trough. She was an adorable, charming and brave character indeed.

Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters is a book for everyone. It guarantees you'll have the time of your life. Embarrassing parents, a fresh start, best friends, trouble, boys and sticky situations are all part of Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters :)



You might also like: